Who we are and what we do
The Mansfield and district Male Voice Choir (M&DMVC) is a registered charity (charity number 1041130) governed by its membership and managed by elected trustees and officers, according to its approved rules and constitution. M&DMVC operates a website (www.mansfieldmvc.co.uk), and Facebook page.
Personal Data and the rights of the individual
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides individuals with significant rights to the way their personal data is collected, processed and shared by organisations. MDMVC fully supports these rights and any personal data collected by the choir will only be used to enable the efficient management of the choir, including its communications with supporters and others who have expressed an interest in receiving news of the choir’s activities.
The GDPR provides the following rights to individuals:
- The right to be informed what data is collected from them
2. The right of access to that data
3. The right to have the data amended if it is inaccurate
4. The right to have the data removed from systems
5. The right to restrict how the data is used
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object to the data being collected and processed
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
MDMVC is the ‘data processor’ and decides how personal data is collected and used.
MDMVC will never share anyone’s personal data with other organisations without the express consent of the individual.
MDMVC does not collect personal data from any source other than its own interactions with individuals.
What data we collect and process
MDMVC collects and processes data relating to individuals in the following ways:
- Membership of the choir is governed by its rules and constitution. A member’s personal data, including contact details, are held to allow efficient management of the choir by its officers and trustees. Positive consent (the lawful basis for processing this data) is required from each member before any of this data is used for its identified purposes.
- The lawful basis for using this personal data is legitimate interest – its use is regarded as being what would be reasonably expected of the choir to operate a useful news service to individuals.
All communications regarding this Privacy Notice should, in the first instance, be sent to the MDMVC Secretary Eileen Lawrence at email@example.com
This Privacy Notice will be regularly reviewed